- Around the World the Basque Country and Orson Welles (1955)by Arthur CATTANEO on April 22, 2021 at 16:00
In 1955, Orson Welles was commissioned for a series of 26 documentaries. Only 6 will see the light of day, one of which was shot in the French Basque Country.
- Le Rocher de la Vierge in Biarritzby Arthur CATTANEO on April 5, 2021 at 16:36
Napoleon III decided to built it, and the Rocher de la Vierge in Biarritz started to be used has a dike. Now it’s a beautiful seesight and point of view for tourism
- Biarritz 1910 by the International Herald Tribuneby Arthur CATTANEO on September 18, 2020 at 09:30
Take a little look at the tribune made by the International Herald Tribune in 1910. And in bonus few images of Biarritz in 1910
- Obligatory masks wearing in Biarritz and closed beachesby Arthur CATTANEO on August 1, 2020 at 12:45
New mayor MAIDER AROSTEGUY has put new rules against the spreading of the virus COVID-19 for the city of Biarritz.
- Biarritz sunset is like Californiaby Arthur CATTANEO on July 11, 2020 at 09:00
It’s true, here in Biarritz we are like California! We don’t live in the same country but have the same love of the beach. It’s our way of life.
- Biarritz from drone during quarantine lockdownby Arthur CATTANEO on May 10, 2020 at 19:01
Watch the amazing empty Biarritz city from the sky ! Watch those beautiful images from the drone.
- Basque cities celebrationsby Arthur CATTANEO on January 18, 2020 at 15:00
Many Basque cities have celebrations during the year. The often celebrates their Saints or for others, old battle victories. But it’s different than a historical commemoration, and much more like days to have fun, drink beers, eat basque foods, and dance. Let’s have a small look on 2 towns, Irun and Donostia San Sebastian City
- Hô Chi Minh in Biarritz 1946by Arthur CATTANEO on November 11, 2019 at 17:30
From the 12th of june to the 27th, Hô Chi Minh, the separatist leader of North Indochina made a plane stop in Biarritz. Fast history of French Indochina colonie Indochina colonie starts existing by the willing of the Emperor Napoleon the III rd (who made a palace for Eugénie, his wife, the Hotel du Palais
- Biarritz prepares for G7by Arthur CATTANEO on January 25, 2019 at 11:12
French President Macron announced it during the last Canada G7 summit in 2019, the coastal seatown of Biarritz will host the next G7. During 4 days, Biarritz will be the center of the world, but it also will be the biggest bunker city in the world.
- Celests lanterns in Biarritzby Arthur CATTANEO on January 5, 2019 at 13:40
Like many years now, Biarritz is making around the end of the year and the beginning of the new year a tradition imported from Asia : the lanterns.